Chalk & Ward Advertising is the region’s largest independent, full service advertising agency, established in 1998. Based in the prime city centre location Southernhay in Exeter, we are a team of enthusiastic, down-to-earth professionals, dedicated to growing our clients’ business. Our energetic employees have a ‘can do, will do’ attitude which clients find refreshing.
Benefits: ½ day summer party, ½ day Christmas party with overnight stay, Cycle-to-Work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, subsidised monthly massages, “Cake Friday”, frequent agency & client socials, always closed for Christmas and twice annual bonus scheme (performance related).
We’re passionate about service and pay attention to every little detail of what client experience looks like and how best to provide this – we have reason to believe our standards are higher than all our competitors, we know this because our clients have told us!
We’re looking to fill a really important role within the business. Our Office Manager is the first point of contact for anyone who interacts with the agency. It’s therefore imperative we get the right person for the role! We want an Office Manager who will take full responsibility for the maintenance, organisation and co-ordination of all agency operations in order to ensure a seamless day-to-day experience for both our clients and the C&W team.
The Office Manager role is extremely varied, you need to be able to multi task a number of “to do’s” whilst at the same time keeping a cool head and a “can do” attitude. You’ll have to be a special individual in this respect.
It’s a great opportunity for the right candidate to get on-board with a progressive ad agency, develop relationships with our client base and be part of our exciting future plans!
Here’s what we need our Office Manager to do, it’s not exhaustive but it will give you a good idea:
- Answer all calls quickly and efficiently and in a friendly manner. We’ll expect you to get to know our clients and for them to like talking to you!
- Welcome all visitors to the agency, get to know them and build a relationship with them.
- Agency diary management (director diaries, staff holidays, boardroom availability, car parking)
- Set up client meetings, refresh and clear away
- Maintain the backup drive
- Ensure the agency is safe & secure every evening
- Open and distribute post / take post to Post Office as and when needed
- Check invoices and credit notes against delivery notes
- Update client contact database
- Support services to client account handlers – varies every day and includes things such as, copy checking, image sourcing, proof reading, typing, printing and binding documents and organising couriers
- Responsible for monitoring staff holiday and sickness records
- Maintain office equipment so everything works as it should, all the time. Liaise with our IT provider and act as the first point of call.
- Keep the agency stocked up with everything we need to run efficiently
- Organise client lunches when required (this can sometimes be fairly last minute!)
- Manage the recruitment process and induction of new starters and internships
- Carry out basic HR duties and Health & Safety
- Organise staff reviews and subsequent documentation
- Keep on top of supplier contracts and prices of suppliers
- Maintain company cars
- Organise staff and client socials (birthdays, summer party, Christmas party, Friday drinks!)
- Initiate improvements in office management
- Booking travel and accommodation requirements
- Ability to deliver on our agency “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and friendly telephone handling skills
- Engage with a variety of people and different personalities, at various different levels of seniority
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organised is essential
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent and flexible time management skills
- Good knowledge of social media, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge and maintenance of office IT, problems and support usage
- Ability to handle confidential issues in an appropriate way
- Demonstrate initiative to solve problems and inefficiencies
- Show willing at all times
- Professional yet fun
- Friendly & chatty
- Welcoming & engaging
- Can do, will do attitude
- Highly presentable
- Well presented
This is an important and special role. If you think you can see yourself as our Office Manager and would like to join our team, then please send your CV and covering email to:
Lisa Prescott, Account Director E: firstname.lastname@example.org