Salary dependent on experience
Contract commencing any time from the beginning of May
See job description below
We’ve been established for over 20 years and in this time have maintained being the largest independent advertising and marketing agency in the region, something we’re immensely proud of. We’ve secured this position by nurturing successful partnerships with our clients through our exceptional service levels. Outstanding service levels don’t just happen overnight, it always needs continual investment and a lot of passion from our team in order to deliver.
We employ only the most talented people to join our team. We constantly encourage accelerated learning and training and work together as a team to ensure our clients continue to trust and respect our marketing skills. This level of integration from all aspects of marketing sets us apart in the region and offers clients the opportunity to have a single agency capable of the highest levels of skill in every specialism.
We have a mix of clients from many different sectors and industries, ranging from regional to international. No day is ever the same at C+W, there are always new challenges to face – which we love!
During the Covid19 pandemic, the agency has continued working with everyone at home and in this time, have won a record 24 new clients!
This is a mid-level position with implementation, project management and ball juggling required as well as a need to advise clients and think strategically. It would suit someone with a couple of years of account management under their belt and a good understanding of the marketing industry – someone who can manage a small portfolio of clients, contribute effectively to meetings and consider client projects from a strategic point of view but also happy and able to support Directors with implementation of larger accounts.
The candidate needs to have a strong understanding/experience of social media for clients, including knowledge on the different platforms and how they can be best utilised, content planning, content writing, campaign ideas, etc.
• Managing own set of clients with full responsibility of client servicing and account growth
• Supporting Directors on larger accounts to implement strategies and plans
• Management of projects from start to finish, including coordinating internal teams and third parties to deliver projects on time and on budget
• Costing jobs and managing account profitability
• Liaising with third party suppliers, negotiating rates and booking work
• Finance admin including estimates, POs, invoices and forecasts
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
• Account Manager or Marketing Manager level experience (client or agency side)
• Degree level qualifications in relevant subject
• Knowledge of the full marketing mix
• Experience in managing social media for clients
• Commercial thinking for clients and for C+W
• Ability to multi-task clients and deadlines
• Experience in providing the best in client servicing
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of budgets, forecasts and P&L
• Computer literate (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Ability to lead client meetings
• Full driving licence
• Desire to work for C+W
The following experience is desirable but not essential as training can be provided:
• Sage knowledge
• Media planning / negotiating / buying
• Print processes and procurement
Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone with the following attributes:
• Confident but genuine and down to earth
• Passionate about marketing and our industry
• Effective time manager and able to juggle and prioritise workload
• Excellent attention to detail and process management
• Supportive team player
• Can-do attitude with an ability to hit the ground running
• Positive and creative outlook
• Stays calm under pressure
As much as we’re passionate about our clients and what we do, we’re equally as passionate about our team. We’re really pleased this was acknowledged by winning both “Employer of the Year” at the 2018 Venus Devon & Cornwall Awards and the “Wellbeing” category at the Space Awards in November 2018. We want our new Account Manager to support wellbeing in the agency, because by doing so we all play our own part in a thriving, happy and motivated working environment, which is something we consider important for everyone here at Chalk + Ward.
Of course, we always believe in being professional, but we never lose sight of the fact we work in a fun and innovative industry. A happy team means happy clients.
We offer (in normal times!):
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays and three gifted days over the Christmas break when the agency is closed and everyone gets a well-earned rest over the festive period
• Rota parking at our city-centre location
• Summer and Christmas parties with an extra half-day off
• A voucher scheme including benefits such as a “life admin” hour, refreshment vouchers and time off for inspiration
• We have signed up to the ‘Time to Change Employer Pledge’, demonstrating our commitment to ending the mental health discrimination in the workplace and making sure that employees who face these problems feel helped and supported
• The Chalk + Ward “Culture Club” – any social ideas are taken on board and activities organised for us all to socialise together outside of work hours
• We finish early every Friday to get together, catch up on the week’s news and wind down for the weekend
• As an agency we have a staff-led wellbeing group who organise regular activities such as group lunches and cake on Fridays to support our local Hospiscare, amongst numerous other things!
If this role sounds right for you, please send a cover letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org
“The culture and ethos at Chalk + Ward is one of wanting their staff to be considered worthwhile, important and valued whilst encouraging and developing their talents as far as possible. The focus on staff wellbeing has been taken to a higher level with their core values and re-vamp of the office space to provide the right creative environment for their team, all of which contributed to us awarding them ‘Employer of the Year’ at the 2018 Devon & Cornwall Venus Awards”.
– Bishop Fleming LLP