Chalk + Ward have been established for over 20 years and in this time have maintained being the largest independent marketing agency in the region, something we’re immensely proud of. We’ve secured this position by nurturing successful partnerships with our clients through our exceptional service levels. Outstanding service levels don’t just happen overnight; it always needs continual investment and a lot of passion from our team in order to deliver.
We employ only the most talented people to join our team. We constantly encourage accelerated learning and training and work together as a team to ensure our clients continue to trust and respect our marketing and PR skills. This level of integration from all aspects of marketing sets us apart in the region and offers clients the opportunity to have a single agency capable of the highest levels of skill in every specialism.
We have a mix of clients from many different sectors and industries, ranging from regional to international. No day is ever the same at C+W, there are always new challenges to face – which we love!
The role of PR Account Manager will be to manage retained PR clients and projects, as well as support on other clients when busy. The successful candidate will be expected to use existing contacts with relevant regional, national and trade journalists, as well as online influencers. They will also be required to develop new media relationships and to create relevant and newsworthy content that is both accurate and engaging for publication in print and online.
The PR Account Manager will contribute to the development of strategies and plans; putting in place a PR framework for any given client or new business prospect, which will achieve their PR aims and goals.
A commercial strategic mind is essential, along with great communication and time management skills. The ideal candidate will also have crisis communications experience; including the ability to write and implement proactive crisis communications plans and to react to a given crisis confidently, in a way which will mitigate unfavourable media coverage and limit reputational damage for the client.
The successful candidate will be able to:
• Manage multiple PR clients.
• Develop PR strategies and plans.
• Write press releases, articles, interviews, blogs, social content, white papers, etc.
• Attend client and new business meetings and be able to present ideas confidently.
• Develop successful relationships with media and influencers.
• Managing a portfolio of clients with responsibility for excellent client servicing and account growth.
• Writing PR strategies, plans and proposals for clients.
• Attending client meetings and presenting/selling ideas and proposals.
• Helping to drive New Business by identifying opportunities, attending meetings and writing proposals.
• Writing of engaging and relevant content including press releases, articles, blogs, etc.
• Developing and distributing white papers.
• Management of projects from start to finish, including coordinating internal teams and third parties to deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Helping to increase the profitability and operational efficiency of Chalk + Ward.
• Contributing to Chalk + Ward voice and getting coverage for the agency.
• Carry out administrative tasks such as time tracking, media coverage logs and monthly reports.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
• 2+ year’s PR Account Manager level experience (ideally agency side).
• Strategic and commercial thinking for both clients and Chalk + Ward.
• Excellent writing skills (examples will be required).
• Understands digital PR and online engagement.
• Experience of Influencer Marketing and Social Media as part of the PR mix.
• Existing relationships with regional and trade journalists
• Full driving licence.
• Desire to work for Chalk + Ward.
• Crisis communications experience is favourable.
The following experience is desirable but not essential as training can be provided:
• Kantar Media
Personality-wise, we’re looking for someone with the following attributes:
• Confident but genuine and down to earth.
• Passionate about PR and wanting to make a difference to client accounts.
• Effective time Manager and able to juggle and prioritise workload.
• Has a willing and ‘can do’ attitude with an ability to hit the ground running.
• Stays calm under pressure.
• Can juggle a broad portfolio of clients and is willing to learn about new areas/sectors.
• Is positive, confident in client-facing situations and a people person.
• Is organised and self-motivated but also enjoys working as part of a team.
As much as we’re passionate about our clients and what we do, we’re equally as passionate about our team. We’re really pleased this was acknowledged by winning both “Employer of the Year” at the 2018 Venus Devon & Cornwall Awards and the “Wellbeing” category at the Space Awards in November 2018. We want our new PR Account Manager to support wellbeing in the agency because by doing so, we all play our own part in a thriving, happy and motivated working environment; something we consider important for everyone here at Chalk + Ward.
Of course, we always believe in being professional, but we never lose sight of the fact we work in a fun and innovative industry. A happy team means happy clients.
• 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time) and three gifted days over the Christmas break when the agency is closed and everyone gets a well-earned rest over the festive period.
• Rota parking at our city centre location.
• Summer and Christmas parties with an extra half-day off for each.
• A voucher scheme including benefits such as a “life admin” hour, refreshment vouchers and time off for inspiration.
• Part of the Sodexo Employee Discount Platform which gives access to a great range of discounts on holiday bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and day to day spending.
• The Chalk + Ward “Culture Club” – any social ideas are taken on board and activities organised for us all to socialise together outside of work hours.
• We have recently signed up to the ‘Time to Change Employer Pledge’, demonstrating our commitment to ending the mental health discrimination in the workplace and making sure that employees who face these problems feel helped and supported.
• We finish early every Friday to get together, catch up on the week’s news and wind down for the weekend.
• As an agency, we have a staff-led wellbeing group who organise regular activities such as group lunches and cake on Fridays to support our local Hospiscare, amongst numerous other things!
If this role sounds right for you, please send a cover letter and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org