Gaining followers can be tough. The key is to build an online community of people who will actively engage with your content and share it; helping you to reach potential customers.
Here are a few simple tips on how to grow your social media following:
– Whether it’s a ‘comment to win’, a caption contest or a photo contest; competitions are a great way to get new people to ‘like’ and follow your accounts, as well as engaging with existing followers.
– Visuals are high-performers on social media, so be sure to include an eye-catching image or graphic with each post.
– Video is the most engaging content type on every social media platform, so it’s a good idea to create at least some form of video content to maximise engagement.
– Respond and interact with your online community. Listen to them and react appropriately, and in good time.
– Strategically use each social media channel based on its strengths and demographics, and give your target audience a good reason to connect with you on that specific network.
– Use one popular tag per tweet or Instagram post, such as #TBT (throw-back Thursday), #fail (self-explanatory), #FOMO (fear of missing out), etc.
– One of the best ways to grow your audience and gain more exposure is to invest a modest amount into paid social advertisements.