Businesses use social media platforms on a daily basis to connect with their audiences; to raise awareness, and ultimately drive leads and new business.
Building an online community
Gaining followers can be tough. The key is to build an online community of people who will actively engage with your content and share it; helping you to reach potential customers.
Here are a few simple tips on how to grow your social media following:
– Whether it’s a ‘comment to win’, a caption contest or a photo contest; competitions are a great way to get new people to ‘like’ and follow your accounts, as well as engaging with existing followers.
– Visuals are high-performers on social media, so be sure to include an eye-catching image or graphic with each post.
– Video is the most engaging content type on every social media platform, so it’s a good idea to create at least some form of video content to maximise engagement.
– Respond and interact with your online community. Listen to them and react appropriately, and in good time.
– Strategically use each social media channel based on its strengths and demographics, and give your target audience a good reason to connect with you on that specific network.
– Use one popular tag per tweet or Instagram post, such as #TBT (throw-back Thursday), #fail (self-explanatory), #FOMO (fear of missing out), etc.
– One of the best ways to grow your audience and gain more exposure is to invest a modest amount into paid social advertisements.